My naturel, simple make-up routine
On request (via Instagram) I’d like to tell you guys a little more about my current daily make-up routine.
1. After the shower, the first thing I use is some lip balm to moisturize my lips and a little dot of moisturizer from Clinique (this one). I used to use all kinds of different creams and moisturizers, mostly budget options or what was on promotion, because I didn’t want to spend too much on skin care. Last Spring though my skin got worse (again..) and I decided to check out a cosmetics store for some professional advice and got this Clinique fluid. Ever since I started using it my skin has gotten so much better! I don’t even use foundation most of the time, just because my skin looks so healthy right now. A big shout-out to my dermatologist for this great accomplishment as well. If you have any questions on my experience on that topic, let me know and I’ll try my best to answer them. I’ve had quite a bit of (genetic) acne over the years, but finally found a way to beat it! Again, thanks to a great dermatologist, great medicine AND the above-mentioned moisturizer! Bad skin can really affect your self-confidence and your emotional and mental well-being.
2. Back to my routine however. I have to say, I don’t leave the house without a dot of BB-cream under my eyes. Also when it comes to foundations and other cover-ups, I’ve tried a bunch of different products and brands over the years. My all-time favorite is Garnier’s Skin Naturals BB-cream (in the color ‘light’). Most times I blend it out with a small stippling brush (like this one), but if I’m in a hurry and I want to leave the house ASAP (or I’m at my bf’s place, haha), I just use my finger tips to gently cover up my eye-area. If I want to cover a bit more, I use my Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Beauty Booster with SPF 30. It creates a perfect complexion thanks to the combination of five actions: hydration, protection, radiance, correction and an even skin tone. Imperceptible and subtly tinted, it blends in like a second skin to reveal the natural perfection of your complexion. The skin tone becomes invisible, like clinging ‘lingerie’. Hence the name of this BB-cream.
3. When I have a flawless make-up basis (less is more, remember!), I continue with my brows. I’ve used many eyebrow liners over the years, but nothing beats my eyebrow kit from Guerlain (this one). It’s really worth the money girls! It structures and stylises your brows for a super tailored yet natural look, thanks to its three powders, a highlighter and a double applicator. Great thing also is that’s designed to adapt to all tones, just blend the three universal colors (light, medium, dark) together to create your right shade. The slightly pearly beige highlighter is swept on under the brow line to gloss the brows while making the eyes look bigger. These evanescent hybrid textures adjust over and over, allowing for wet & dry application on a whim
4. Eyes. All eyes on me s’il vous plaît! I’ve never been a fan of eyeshadow that much actually, but I tend to use it quite often however lately. Quite contradictory. I’ve discovered using some different kind of salmon-pinkish eyeshadows on my crease (currently a bunch from L’oreàl) make my eyes really pop out like bam! Uh, I mean: LIKE BAM! Next is eye-liner. I don’t like to use too dark eyeliners since I want my look to appear naturel and simple. Naturel beauty is all I want in the end. I often use a gold glitter liner from Essence (for the Dutchies: te koop bij Kruidvat) which I got for only 2 EUR or so and lasts me like forever. I only apply it on my upper eyelids, just a tiny line of glitter to sparkle up my look. Last but not least: mascara. Currently I’m using this one. Maybelline is one of my favorite mascara brands for sure! On a daily basis I only use one layer of mascara and only on my upper lashes.
5. Then, cheeky cheeky time. Many people ask me what kind of blush I use. Actually I use two of them: first I use a bronzing powder from Rimmel high on my cheeks (this one, which you can only buy online or abroad) and after that I use my favorite pink blush from Chanel (this one) on the apples of my cheeks. It has a nice shiny, but not too shiny finish. This is again one of my all-time favorite beauty products!
6. To finish of my look, I use some lipgloss. Lately I’m obsessed with this one from Stila. It has this beautiful intense, satin shimmer finish and is available in seven shades. I like the color ‘kitten’ the most. It stays on for hours!
7. Oh, and then for my hair the only thing I do is put a little Moroccan Oil in it at times. It’s all I need really, makes my hair less dry, more shiny and in control, and softer as well. Last but not least: Black Opium from Yves Saint Lauren, the perfect perfume for a classy, slightly mysterious smell!
Feel free to follow me on my socials, such as , and