Conformity is the only real fashion crime.
Yes, I am an inspirational quote kind of girl. One that recently really stuck with me is the one you just read: conformity is the only real fashion crime – from Simon Doonan, the Creative Ambassador-at-Large of the New York City-based clothing store Barney’s. To not dress like yourself and to sublimate your spirit to some kind of group identity is succumbing to fashion fascism, as to mister Doonan. I couldn’t agree more. Here’s what else has been on my mind the last couple of days.
1. My new color block mules flew in (get them here if you wish). So dear Summer, I know you’re somewhere out there.. Now please listen carefully: you just go get yourself ready and hurry the **** up, OK?!
2. I’ve been taking it slow when it comes to showing you guys my highlights of Amsterdam FW. It has been stuck with me for forever. Ah, oops. The perks of being a blogger, I always want to show you guys what I’m doing straight away and in like thousands of pictures or so. Unfortunately my agenda and personal life doesn’t always cooperate with that. OK, pardonnez-moi for the shitty excuses, here we go: my highs of MBFWA 2015.
If you’ve been following me for a while now, you might know I’m such a sucker for menswear. And I mean, just take a look at these creations from Evana Kuik (EVAN Menswear) below.
3. I’ve been wearing this black biker jacket over the weekend. Full body pictures will fly in tomorrow. It has this (off-)white teddy collar, which is both warm and super soft at the same time. High cuddle factor, oh yeah trust me that has multiple benefits.
4. My fire flame sweater giveaway, which you can still enter yourself by clicking here or on the pica below.
5. And my thug life has been on my mind lately. Yeah, THUG LIFE!
I hope you’re doing all fine, pretty ladies. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon slash evening! xx Frederique