Who said it should be difficult to eat delicious, healthy, eco- and tummy-friendly food? This recipe for vegan zoodles with lentils and mushrooms has only a few ingredients and it’s super quick to throw together. It literally was something that I threw together within 15 minutes and which turned out to be super tasteful. Red pepper flakes are key in this dish, so don’t be shy. And don’t forget to use your imagination and use whatever you have at hand. Instead of broccoli, kale or white cabbage would also work wonders, and instead of lentils you can also use beans or peas. I would love to hear from you if you like me to share more vegan recipes. Happy Friday from Münster, Germany.
Zoodles with lentils and mushrooms – serves 2
1 large zucchini, spiralized
300 grams of cooked lentils
150 grams of sliced mushrooms
300 grams of broccoli (you can use the stems too!)
2 garlic cloves, minced
red chilli flakes
1 scallion & 1 lemon, to taste
– start off with the lentils, cook them throughly
– then sauté the broccoli in water and garlic
– add the sliced mushrooms and a good amount (if you’re like me: a great amount) of red chilli flakes
– once everything is nicely heated and smelling all good, add the cooked lentils
– grab a large bowl, add the zoodles and a good amount of the sauteted veggies over it
– stir if you wish and garnish with 1 scallion, fresh lemon juice and more red chilli flakes. And enjoy!