For beauty and skin care fans like me, the transition to Spring and Summer can be hard on our skin. We start uncovering our bodies once again, freeing them of those cosy layers of warmer clothes. The skin we kept hidden for so long is now suddenly visible for the eye and shouldn’t it be treated properly? A good exfoliation routine starts with getting rid of any built up of dead skin and is a must for a proper and effective application of your moisturizer or primer. Lately I’ve been a very happy user of microdermabrasion, from the comfort of my own home – and with my puppy Popcorn of course! Have you ever heard of microdermabrasion? Microdermabrasion is not a fad. In fact, it can be traced all around the globe, as early as 1500 BC when Egyptians invented a process of using sandpaper to smooth the skin. In 1985 the first microdermabrasion machine was invented in Italy by Doctors Mattioli and Brutto. Later in 1990 microdermabrasion machines were introduced in America, where it received an overwhelming acceptance in Hollywood and completely took off. Over here in Europe people are now beginning to adopt this trend and investing more and more in doing professional treatments in the comfort of their homes instead of expensive salons. After having much trouble with acne for over many years myself, and got off of Accutane about 6 months ago, I was really curious how my skin would react to it. Since even after Accutane, it’s incredibly important for me to get rid of dead skin and thus avoid any clogging of my pores. However, any product I use on my sensitive skin should be effective but not anything to0 harsh. After reading several reviews online, I decided to give PMD a try and I’m SO happy I did! I noticed that it doesn’t only help with exfoliating my skin, but it also reduces the appearance of my pores, which is unique since I’ve never ever had that with any store-bought product. The best part is that I’ve been only using the product for a month now! So I can’t wait to see even better results that are yet to come.
Wondering how to use this product? Well, let me show you:
1. First off, thoroughly cleanse and dry the skin. I use a foam cleanser from Estée Lauder for that, but you can also use a more budget friendly one that meets your skin’s needs.
2. Then, let’s start PMD-ing! I’ve noticed that you can best begin with the white training disc. If you’re a little scared at first, just try using the technique below on your arm or leg before using on your face.
3. Then, the actual technique is to pull the skin taut with your free hand to allow the Personal Microderm to smoothly glide over the skin.
4. Continue to move the Personal Microderm in an upward fluid motion across the skin. It’s very important, especially if you’re using a more advanced disk, to not hover on any spots or move too quickly.
6. Last but not least, it’s really important to clean the cap and filter after each use. I tend to do that by using some antibacterial soap, which works wonders. And that’s about it!
How long does the process take?
When it comes to frequency, it’s best to do microdermabrasion once a week, for example every Wednesday which I do. It’s best to start with the disk that is for the most sensitive skin types, so you’re sure it’ll not be too harsh for your skin. You can move up to more intensive disks by the second or third week, but do take it step by step and don’t rush, because I promise you it still works wonders. Due to my treatment with Accutane, I personally love using the disks for sensitive skin the most, it makes my skin feel incredibly smooth and gives it a wonderful glow.
Guys, I’ll update you within a month or two, telling you my results again on using this baby. Let me know below if you have any questions or anything to comment. 🙂
With the code FABLEFRIQUE20, you’ll get a 20% discount on your PMD!
Wishing you all a very happy Friday and a great weekend, ladies!
As you can see, Popcorn is always incredibly curious when I do my weekly PMD treatment, hihi!