Frederique, what’s your my makeup routine after Accutane (isotretinoin)? After receiving comments on how healthy my skin looks, I thought it was about time to tell you more about my current makeup routine. I’ve been using Accutane for over 1,5 years after having terrible genetic acne from an early age. It changed my skin massively. If you have any questions about my experience on that topic, let me know and I’ll try my best to answer them in a separate post. I would love to tell you more!
1. After the shower, the first thing I use is some lip balm to moisturize my lips and a little dot of moisturizer from Embryolisse (this one). I used to use all kinds of different creams and moisturizers, mostly budget options or what was on promotion, because I didn’t want to spend too much on skin care. About two years ago though my skin got worse (again.., I’ve been struggling with acne from an early age) and I decided to check out a cosmetics store for some professional advice and discovered Embryolisse, Kiehl’s, Clinique, Babor and natural products work best for my skin. Ever since I started using the Embryolisse fluid my skin has gotten so much better! I don’t even use foundation most of the time, just because my skin looks so healthy right now.
2. Back to my make-up routine. I have to say, there were times I couldn’t leave my house without a dot of foundation, concealer or BB-cream under my eyes. These days however, I’ve been feeling so much more confident about the appearance of my skin. If I have some meetings for the blog or any press events going on, I always like to but a little BB-cream from Guerlain under my eyes and on my T-zone. Also when it comes to these kind of cover-ups, I’ve tried a bunch of different products and brands over the years. My all-time favorite is my Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Beauty Booster with SPF 30. It creates a perfect complexion thanks to the combination of five actions: hydration, protection, radiance, correction and an even skin tone. Imperceptible and subtly tinted, it blends in like a second skin to reveal the natural perfection of your complexion. The skin tone becomes invisible, like clinging ‘lingerie’. Hence the name of this BB-cream. I always blend it out with a Beauty Blender, the egg sponge that works amazing for my skin.
3. When I have a flawless basis (less is more, remember!), I continue with my brows. I’ve used many eyebrow liners over the years, but nothing beats my eyebrow kit from Guerlain (this one). Oh man, I wish I was such a lucky girl I could get sponsored by Guerlain. 😉 This brand is really worth the money girls! This brow kit structures and styles your brows for a super tailored yet natural look, thanks to its three powders, a high lighter and a double applicator. Great thing also is that’s designed to adapt to all tones, just blend the three universal colors (light, medium, dark) together to create your right shade. The slightly pearly beige highlighter is swept on under the brow line to gloss the brows while making the eyes look bigger. These evanescent hybrid textures adjust over and over, allowing for wet & dry application on a whim
4. Eyes. All eyes on me s’il vous plaît! I’ve never been a fan of eyeshadow that much actually, but I tend to use it quite often however lately. Quite contradictory. I’ve discovered using some different kind of golden and slightly pink-toned eyeshadows on my crease make my eyes really pop out! I haven’t discovered a true favorite yet, so if you have any recommendations, let me know! And since I don’t use eyeliner, the second step of my eye make up is doing my lashes. I always use an eyelash curler and then I continue with a good mascara. I’m currently using this one. But Maybelline is one of my favorite mascara brands for sure! I don’t know however if there’s any animal harming involved in the creation of Maybelline’s products. I might check that out later today, cause I do care more about the animals each and every day. On a daily basis I only use one layer of mascara and only on my upper lashes.
5. Cheeky cheeky time. Many people ask me what kind of blush I use. Actually I use two of them: first I use a bronzing powder from Rimmel high on my cheeks (this one, which you can only buy online or abroad) and after that I use my favorite pink blush from Chanel (this one) on the apples of my cheeks. It has a nice shiny, but not too shiny finish. This is again one of my all-time favorite beauty products! Then, last but not least, it’s time for a highlighter. I’ve been loving the Barry M highlighter I’ve received from a PR agency not that long ago (find it here).
6. And oh, wait.. to finish of my look, I always use some lip balm. Lately I’m obsessed with this one from EOS. It has this beautiful intense, moisturizing finish and is available in many different flavors (do you call these flavors?! haha).
I hope that answers your questions! It’s not a super interesting make-up story maybe but I just prefer to spend my money on fashion, more than on expensive makeup or skincare. Do you spend a lot of money on beauty? Do you have some discoveries you can’t live without anymore? And, oh, let me know if you have any questions on my make-up routine, my acne experience, or any other questions really. Enjoy your day!