One of those nights you just don’t want to be bothered with doing too much in the kitchen. But you still want something delicious for dinner. Oh yeah, I gotcha! Well, this vegan curry recipe comes together super easily and is satisfying yet completely vegetable-driven. Thus it’s of course fully vegan, comforting and features your daily dose of vegetables, all in one dish. Yay! Let me tell you what you need and how you can create this dish yourself.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 persons):
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 big onion or 2 small ones, sliced
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder
- 1/2 tsp of tumeric
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 large potatoes, cooked
- a hand full of haricot verts, cooked
- To serve it with: some brown or white rice, cooked
LET’S GET COOKING:
- First, fry the sliced onions together with the minced garlic and all the herbs. You can either use a bit of (olive/coconut) oil or water to help the mixture from burning.
- Once the mixture is glazy and everything starting to smell good, go in with the can of tomatoes and let it sizzle for about 5 minutes. Then add the can of coconut milk, the chickpeas and a little bit of water.
- While everything is coming together, you can finetune the dish with pepper and salt, and add a little more water when desired. Just let it sizzle away for 10 minutes and then add in the haricot verts as well as the potatoes and leave it frying on semi-high heat for 5 more minutes. After those minutes it should be all ready!
- For ensembling the bowls, you can start off with the rice and then add the curry on top, or you can seperate them as I did. To garnish the dish you can use fresh herbs such as coriander or Thai basil or add some sesame seeds on top. But don’t worry if you don’t have those at hand, the dish is already super good as it is. So enjoy! And let me know how you like it.